Why should we practice self-care?
Well.. because.. when you forget to bring balance to your life you become drained, overworked, miserable, unhappy, stressed. Which can cause your health to decline. Then you find yourself with stress induced ailments, which are not fun.
You need to make yourself a priority, make your health a priortiy, and remember it is okay to work hard and play hard(or relax hard). Do whatever brings balance between your work and your life.
Okay. Here are some of my favorite self-care remedies/activities:
- A weekend escape. I love just escaping for the weekend, and coming back feeling rejuvenated for the work week.
- Going horseback riding. So much fun. Horses are awesome. You can make it a family outing as well.
- Spa day. Anything from facials, to a massage, to a mani-pedi, teeth whitening(not really relaxing), but I love having white teeth, because it makes me smile more.
- Spend a day doing absolutely nothing. Sleep in… play video games, binge watch a show you have been wanting to catch up on.
- Try out new hobbies. Perhaps a cooking class??
- Go hiking. (bring snacks… One time I went hiking and it turned into more of an adventure than I had anticipated. I had no snacks, and I just about died…. 11 Miles. Send Help. My stomach was growling.
- Declutter a room. Spring cleaning doesn’t just have to be done in the spring. Throw out some stuff you’ve been hording. It’s good to let things go sometimes.
- Go for a drive. Blast some music. Sing your heart out.
- Meditate. You should do this anyways. It improves mood, reduces stress and all that jazz.
- Volunteer… Sometimes doing things for others helps you appreciate what you have in life, and it brings you joy and happiness. Kindness is good for your soul. You can also volunteer… and spend a day with dogs/puppies.
- Unplug. Unplugging from social media is good to do every so often. Delete people who don’t bring you joy or happiness.
Do whatever makes you happy at the end of the day. Just remember it is important to take care of you and make you a priority.